Applications received will be subject to an assessment to consider whether they have a realistic prospect of purchasing a property and their motivation for buying their own home and any other relevant factors.
This will initially involve verification checks as follows:
Applicants may be rejected where:
- Family size
- Current family income and future prospects
- Household expenditure compared to income
- References from previous landlords
- Credit checks using professional companies such as Experian
- Meet the Right to Rent criteria having entitlement and leave to remain in the UK
- Meet the eligibility of Help to Buy and have a unique ref number
- The applicant’s income is insufficient to be able to afford the rent.
- The applicant has debts or other circumstances that indicate that they are not able to save for a deposit within a reasonable period.
- The applicant would be unable to obtain a mortgage at the end of the Agreed Period.
- The applicant has rent or mortgage arrears
- Would normally be rejected due to Greatwell Homes polices
- Those from members of the British Armed Forces which will be be prioritised for Rent to Buy schemes according to the current guidance.
- Where conditions within the planning consent apply e.g. highest priority given to local people living within the community where the homes have been constructed.